Tired of preaching to the choir? One of the best ways to draw new faces into the revolution and build community is to throw edgy events. Politics, entertainment and inspiration, all interwoven into an easy to digest and hard to forget Activist Arrow: straight through the heart! This workshop covers the basic timeline of successful event organizing and gives tips and pointers about knowing a good idea when you have it, finding your pudgy posse to get the ball rolling, marketing, promotion, fundraising, networking, finding a venue and more! We’ll do some fun brainstorming for small-scale fundraising events and silly but effective actions that will liven any tired activists spirit. Change the world – one stage at a time!
60 minute presentation or 90 minute workshop.
- Finally, the Scottish/Spanish Fusion we've all been waiting for. #eurovision2013 1 day ago
- Another Feminist Killjoy post - this time about #FitchTheHomeless http://t.co/TLGxbC8y8p 4 days ago
- When the first thing a solicitor says to you when you answer the door is "er, have you been outside today?" you might be studying too hard. 1 week ago
- Story time: I went to a carnival with my little cousin (she’s 8 years old, as of my typing this). I...
- Thin Privilege is having one of your best friends like a guy and see him give off signals that he...
- I’m borderline hypertensive, have been for years. On my first visit Dr. P noted that, because...
- Embracing our Bodies – University of Queensland Women’s Collective Event
- Big Stinky
- Saturday Share: BeauCoo, Pics On Someone Your Own Size