In early 2007 Stacy began the digital project, BelliesAreBeautiful.com. The goal of BAB is to provide a visual counterpoint to the media’s unrealistic portrayals of perfection, and to showcase the beautiful diversity of bodies (bellies, most specifically – since they get the worst rap). As well, BAB seeks to provide a venue for individuals to release their shame by sharing the parts of themselves they often judge the most. Bellies Are Beautiful has hundreds of user-submitted photos and, while currently not actively promoted, still garners new submissions each month and remains an online showcase of beauty in all its forms.
- Finally, the Scottish/Spanish Fusion we've all been waiting for. #eurovision2013 1 day ago
- Another Feminist Killjoy post - this time about #FitchTheHomeless http://t.co/TLGxbC8y8p 4 days ago
- When the first thing a solicitor says to you when you answer the door is "er, have you been outside today?" you might be studying too hard. 1 week ago
- Story time: I went to a carnival with my little cousin (she’s 8 years old, as of my typing this). I...
- Thin Privilege is having one of your best friends like a guy and see him give off signals that he...
- I’m borderline hypertensive, have been for years. On my first visit Dr. P noted that, because...
- Embracing our Bodies – University of Queensland Women’s Collective Event
- Big Stinky
- Saturday Share: BeauCoo, Pics On Someone Your Own Size