What I’m Working On Right Now:
- @ University of Liverpool as a part-time Research Assistant with Dr. Bethan Evans, studying the intersections between fatness, disability, and built space (specifically flying while fat).
- in conjunction with University of Liverpool and DADA Fest (Deaf & Disability Arts Festival) in Liverpool in 2016, I’ve recently completed an animation on Flying while Fat that is currently exhibiting at the Bluecoat Centre for Contemporary Arts and Tate Gallery, Liverpool through December 3rd, 2016. To be released online December 4th at http://flyingwhilefat.com/
- Taking a little breather after working straight through for 6 weeks!
- Having fun writing music with my band You Made it Weird after our fun debut performance at Slayerfest on Oct. 29th!
- Excitedly awaiting a visit from my oldest friend from the States and planning fun touristy things to do in London.
- @ Freelance Projects
- — animation commission for the University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Centre
- — self-directed study in illustration, animation, and motion graphics.
- managing the Flying While Fat facebook community.
Things I’m Potentially Plotting:
- — planning stages for graphic memoir project re: my journey from picketing abortion clinics as a right-wing christian to escorting women across picket lines as a queer feminist.
- A potential PhD application (eek!) — Lots to think about here and I’m not sure about it but it’s on the possibilities list!
Recently Completed Projects:
- Just did a BBC Radio Merseyside interview this morning (Nov 22). Listen here (we start at 1hr, 7mins).
- Flying While Fat discussion at DADA Fest with Bethan Evans.
- Flying While Fat seminar, co-presenting with Bethan Evans, at Queen Mary University Dept. of Geography.
- Two Whiteboard animations for the Firefighter Cancer Initiative (University of Miami)
- Whiteboard animation for the USylvester Cancer Treatment Center (University of Miami)
- New logo and website design for The Leveller (Launching 20th of March, 2016)
- Website build for http://eroticawriting101.com/
- Sadly, PACE Health has shuttered its doors due to funding loss in the charity sector, so my 4 years of working as their Web Design Manager has drawn to a close. Losing PACE is a blow for London’s LGBT community and I am grateful and honoured to have worked with such compassionate and committed colleagues.
- Keeping My Promises Sticker Chart Pack: Putting the fun back in Executive Function.
- Rad Fatty Merit Badges: 830% funded crowdfunding campaign to produce stickers and pins celebrating the strength and resilience of fat folks facing daily stigma. Featured in: Mic.Com // People Magazine // Cosmo // HelloGiggles // APlus // Bustle // CafeMom
- Yoga for Larger Bodies Documentary Animation: The origin story of a London yoga class for fat individuals, narrated by its leader, Janice Kate Fisher. Each frame of the animation is formed of a single, unbroken line – in keeping with the theme of zen and connection. The animation was screened at the Supetar Super Film Festival in Croatia.
- The 12 Good Fatty Archetypes: web comic explaining how the various tropes of ‘good fatness’, when used as bids for social legitimacy, spawn equal and opposite negative identities — the bad fatties.
This page inspired by Derek Sivers’ idea of Now.